Happy National Amaretto Day! This almond-flavored liqueur isn’t typically on your go-to radar, but the fact that it isn’t overused is exactly why we’ve come to love it. Let’s be honest, it’s a sexy spirit…it’s tasty, it’s smooth, and perfect for adding some dimension to the ordinary cocktail. But just like there’s a light to every dark side (Star Wars reference? Heck yes.), balancing the sweet with a healthy amount of tart is the punch every great concotion needs. Today’s cocktail was a new creation for us and I gotta say, it’s a really good one, guys. SO, to jump on that national amaretto bandwagon, we bring you the one and only, Crimson Kiss. Enjoy!
- 1 Oz. Pomegranate Juice (We used Pom Wonderful)
- 1 Oz. Vodka
- 1 Oz. Amaretto (We used DiSorrono)
- 1/4 Lemon Squeeze (to taste)
- 6 Drops Angostura Bitters
- Crushed Ice
- Garnishes: Lemon & Maraschino Cherries
- In your cocktail shaker, combine pomegranate juice, vodka, amaretto, lemon, and bitters. Fill with ice, get your inner mixologist on, and shake that shaker like there’s no tomorrow. But really, just a few times to chill the concoction.
- Strain cocktail into coup glass and garnish.
- Not sure if your need more pomegranate, lemon, or liqueur? After shaking, take a sip and add ingredients as desired. Shake again and serve.
All photography by Eder Photo
Love this Amaretto cocktail? Let us know! Also, if you haven’t already, check out our other cocktail recipes on the series, such as our Pot of Gold Recipe, Old Fashioned Recipe, and Mulled Wine Recipes and tell us what you think by commenting below!