Toasty, classic, and easy… there’s no better cocktail to cozy up to in this winter weather than a Hot Toddy! Hot Toddys are certainly a seasonal favorite and one of thee easiest cocktails to create in your home kitchen, especially when all you want to do is curl up and Netflix! This cocktail is also the perfect cold and sore-throat remedy with the healing properties of lemon, honey, and warm tea (optional), although it’s not recommended for those on prescription meds – don’t drink & med, people! With basic house-hold ingredients, it’s an easy and yummy one to try on a rainy day. As always, have fun and enjoy!
- 2 oz. Whiskey (We used Bulleit Bourbon instead)
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 2 Teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 3/4 Cup Boiling Water
- Optional: Tea bag if using hot tea as the base instead of just boiling water.
- Garnishes: Lemon or Cinnamon Sticks
- Combine bourbon and honey into a mug.
- If you’d like to go the traditional route, boil water and steep tea bag separately. If you’d like to go the modern route, boil water only and exclude tea.
- Pour boiling water (or hot tea) into the mug and stir to dissolve honey.
- Add in lemon juice to taste.
- Garnish with lemon slice and cinnamon stick as desired.
- Any kind of whiskey, bourbon, scotch or aged white rum will do.
- For a vegan option, try subbing agave nectar, maple syrup, or simple syrup instead of honey.
- There are a few different ways to make this cocktail…traditiioanlly, hot tea is an ingredient but in modern versions, tea tea is removed.
All photography by Eder Photo
If you haven’t already, check out more cocktail recipes via our Cocktail Recipe Series here and tell us what you think by commenting below!